Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Filming at the Walt Disney Family Museum




A couple of pics taking yesterday at the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco, during the filming of "The Making of Mushka". My exhibit "Deja View" will run until October 9, and we thought it might be a good idea to film a few interviews there before it ends.
That's Marina Villar Delgado in the first photo, she designs all exhibitions at the museum. An amazing talent. She has an eye for how artwork should be displayed to bring out the personality of the artist.
The second pic shows Sybil Byrnes, daughter of Milt Kahl...and me. We were discussing many things, including the influence of her father's work on my own animation.
It was an extraordinary day!





6 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that you're doing a "Making of" thing. Certainly your personal story of "going indie" is really interesting and inspiring, and I think it's safe to assume the actual film will be too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see both Muschka and this! I feel like a kid again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Andreas Deja, my name is Sean Lloyd and i am impresed with your work on Muschika. I wanted to know is there any way i could send you a thank you letter or email for your amazing work on animated films such as The Lion King,Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin,Hercules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, the presentation of the artwork looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Andreas, my name is Ambrose and I had a short mentorship with you at CSG summer 2017. I tried to e-mail you a couple of times but the inbox was too full. Anyways, I just wanted to congratulate you on your progress with Mushka and your artwork being on display at the Disney Family Museum. I was lucky to of seen it this summer as I participated in a story program for the summer with Pixar at CCA in Oakland and one of our trips was to the museum so I was extremely thrilled to of had the chance to see your show. Oh, and I'm also taking classes at the Animation guild with Alex Topete, (you know, just trying to keep traditional animation alive) and he speaks so highly of you, I have some of my work on instagram (ambroseanim8), as I'm working on a website. But I'd love for you to check it out and perhaps get your feedback. Well, thank you so much for your time and keep on inspiring us all with your blog and your work. I can't wait to see the completed version of Mushka. Til next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_h6o82Qt0k&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR34Ah_7giiz4Cbe0kCS8HYKZs2AZaOs2oGYfhezoukR2tMG35y5Z5yGvbI

    ReplyDelete